Thursday, January 24, 2008
Night Out at Olive Garden
I just got home from dinner at the Olive Garden with no kids. Every month the Utah County FRG (Family Readiness Group) has an adults night out. We go out to dinner some place and just talk. It is so great to hear that everyone else feeds their kids macaroni and cheese for dinner and is usually so exhausted at the end of the day that they can't think straight. There is something to be said about being with others who are in exactly the same position as you and of course it makes me feel good because there is always someone who has it worse than me. I can be grateful that I only have two children to take care of and that I am not pregnant. I can't imagine going through birth without Chris there. I have much to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you got to go out. I try to imagine what you deal with every day, but even then there's no way for me to truly be able to understand what you go through. I'm glad you got some adult time. I think you're an amazing mom and an amazing person. You're doing wonderful considering everything you do, so I hope you don't ever feel down on yourself for not cooking fancy meals or things like that. I don't see how any mother could do that every night anyway! :)
If it wasn't for mac and cheese most of us would have starved to death twice, once as children and the second time in college!!
Post a Comment