Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breaking the Habit

Isaac is very attached to his binky's. He will be 2 in two months and I think it is about time to give them up. Of course that is easier said than done. A few weeks ago I tried to only let him have them in his bed. I didn't do too well. He is now back to having one almost all the time. The skin on his chin is all red now from it. So, I am going to attempt this again. Eli never used a binky after he was like 4 months old so this is unchartered territory for us. I know that I am holding myself back. It is too easy for me to give in and let Isaac have it when he cries. Anyway, this picture is from the other morning. I told you he likes binky's. He did this all by himself. Eli and I got a good laugh out of it.


3 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

HAHAHA So classic. It's definitely easier said than done, but you can do it! Just make sure everyone else around knows and will help too. If you work hard to break him of it and then someone gives him one, it'll start over again and again!

Jason said...

Hey-
I so feel your pain! I didn't realize Issac will be 2 in 2 months. Holy cow, time flies. We tried doing this with Grace and it didn't work, but you might want to give it a shot. My friend who is a dental assit. said to cut off the end of the binky. Grace still just sucked it anyway. But it did work for Sophie, that and buying her a new kind she didn't want. She was no where as attached to it as Grace was though. Good luck, may the force be with you. Jen

Ann-Marie Photography said...

Levi loved his binky too. He cried for two night...just after he turned two. I wish you the best of luck...they cry A LOT when their favorite soothing toy is no longer in the picture.