Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Edgemont Fun Run

Every year Eli's school has a 5k. All of the kids in the school participate in it except for the kindergarteners. I think it is the best idea. This was our first year participating. I put Isaac and Keenyn in the stroller and ran with Eli. He did so much better than I expected. I was surprised at how far he ran before he took a break. I was glad when he finally took one because I was getting tired.

Isaac got out of the stroller a few times and ran too. I lost he a few times because he ran ahead. He ran the last 1/2 mile or so around the school all by himself. He also ran much more than I expected and had a great time. Here he is at the finish line.


You can't see us very well but here is a picture of us running past Chris. He was nice enough to take my volunteer spot so I could run with Eli. Eli has a red shirt on, I'm obviously the wide load in the street.



This one makes me happy because it was towards the end of the race and Eli was tired. I told him to run to Chris and then he could walk again. But obviously he ran past Chris. He only went to the corner but I was still proud of him for going further than he planned.

At the finish line.

Playing on the playground after the race.

We can't wait to run it again next year.

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

way to go! A few years ago I didn't hear all the instruction at the beginning and we ended up in the 10k line rather than 5k. I endedup pushing 4 kids on the stroller to the end, it was funny!

Jason said...

I love the look on eli's face at the finish. So cool! I wish all schools did this. xo