Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Catch-up

*FYI- this is a marathon catch-up post with a ton of pictures.*

We have had a pretty busy summer. Here is an overview of what we've been up to for the last month and a half.

Lindsey and Dan invited us up to Dan's families cabin for the weekend. I brought the boys up and we had a great time. It was much to short and we hope to visit again soon.


Chris didn't join us at the cabin because he was tearing our house apart. We're remodeling the bedrooms and it has been quite the job. When we got home from the cabin our upstairs looked like this...


and our downstairs looked like this...

and this...

So I brought the boys to Sandy to stay with Chris' parents for a few days. David was there too and they had fun playing with him and taking a bubble bath.


While we were there I tried to take 11 month pictures of Keenyn. They totally didn't turn out. I didn't have any clothes for him to wear that matched what I pieced together as a background, the lighting wasn't good and he would not sit still. This is honestly the best picture I got.


When we got home Eli played his last Coach Pitch game. He liked baseball until he got hit in the head with the ball twice. He was too cautious after that and doesn't think he wants to play it again next year. I guess we'll see.


We spent a week camping up at Timpanogous Campground with Chris' family. It was a lot of fun.


We went to see the hot air balloons and ran into these guys...



The boys were pretty happy about that.

On the 4th of July we all ran the Freedom Festival Race. The boys did the 1 mile and I did my first 10k. I survived it even though we were late and I was the last one to start.

After the race we went to the parade and thoroughly enjoyed the overcast weather.

We had family over for a BBQ in our unfinished house. No one complained about the arrangements even though we were squished and hot. It was fun to get together.

Later that evening we went and lit a few fireworks. We have never lit our own because we can't at our house and it's always too late once it's dark. The big boys loved it. Keenyn wasn't a fan of the noise.

We did more a few nights later once it was dark. They liked that even more.

And Keenyn received his first real haircut.



He got the Kroeber boy buzz cut and looks adorable.

Most of our summer has been our remodel project. Chris has done most of the work himself. We hired out drywall and mud because Chris didn't want to do it. Everything else he has done himself including replacing the electrical panel and rewiring all of the rooms he remodeled. We still have to do some trim work and refinish the floor but we are enjoying the new layout and updated rooms.

2 comments:

And We Sailed On said...

you have been busy! It looks like it is fun though. The remodel looks inconvenient but it will be great to have the house the way you want it! xoxo
Emily

Jen said...

I didn't know you did the 4th 10k!!!! Yeah for you Heather! I love the t's , they are super fun patriotic ones. Your house is going to be wonderful...show some more pictures. Keenyn's haircut already! He looks so grown up sweet boy. I love and miss you! Want to come and stay with us next summer for a while?