Monday, April 12, 2010

Snow Canyon

Last weekend we spent a few days in Snow Canyon. It was one of the best trips we have ever been on. We all loved it and had a great time. I love the red rocks and blue sky of southern Utah, especially in April. There is nothing that compares.

Our first stop was at a big sand dune. It is right off the road and was a favorite for sure. Isaac is still asking if we can go back to the place with a lot of sand.

I love that you can tell that the boys are running in this picture. They were so excited to be camping. This is walking to a less crowded section of the sand dune.

Chris and Eli digging in the sand and making "Canyons". Chris was telling Eli all about erosion and the angle of repose. I love that he can making learning fun.

Isaac playing in the sand. Yes, he is dumping it on his head.

Eli with his feet buried. (We were finally able to talk him into getting a haircut so he no longer has that crazy hair.)

The next thing we did was hike to the top of a cinder cone. Eli was excited to see a volcano but was also a little nervous. He was worried that there would be lava in the hole. It was a short but steep hike. Eli did the hole thing by himself which was awesome. Isaac got a lot of help from dad but we were surprised at how well he did too.

Chris and Eli looking down into the hole of the cinder cone. See, no lava. They hiked around the top and down into the bottom of the hole. Eli really liked this part of our trip.

Isaac looking into the hole. I couldn't get enough of his hiking gear. He wore Chris's hat the whole time and it was adorable.

The boys breaking the campground rules by climbing on the rocks. These rocks were right by our campsite. Which happened to be the best one ever. It was really secluded and beautiful. Site #26 if you ever go to the Snow Canyon campground.



Eli saluting and showing another view of where we stayed.

On Saturday we drove up to Gunlock Reservoir because the boys both wanted to fish. I could never go there again and be happy. There wasn't much there but spider infested rocks and wind.

It was a great trip though and I would recommend Snow Canyon to anyone. There is a lot of stuff that we didn't get to do and we had so much fun that we're already planning a trip back in the fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I am glad you had a good time, your boys are adorable.

And We Sailed On said...

WOw, that is beautiful. I'm sure your boys will have such great memories.