Chris went out of town today for work. He is in Florida for the week. My parents, who have been staying with us until they leave on their mission, went to Logan last night to help my sister Lindsey for the week. You see, since Keenyn was born there have only been a few days that I have been left to care for all three kids alone and of those few days Chris came home from work. I really don't mind having to take care of them by myself. It is my job and all. But last night I was feeling anxious. For many reasons I think. I am still in a state on uncertainty with a new baby, school starting, etc. It has been really nice to have more adults around to help out when I needed it.
This morning went smoothly. We got Eli to school on time and continued on a walk to the cemetery. We saw several rabbits on the way so that made Isaac happy. When we got back I fed Keenyn and shortly after we were done I got a call from the secretary at Eli's school. She said that he had fallen at recess and cut his head and that it was going to need a few stitches. She also reassured me that he was fine, not crying or anything, just sitting in the office.
So, I packed up the other boys and headed down to the school. We got Eli and went straight to the pediatricians office where he got 7 stitches to close the wound on the right side of his forehead. He is doing fine and has been doing fine throughout the whole thing.
You see, things like this DO NOT happen when Chris is home. This is the third time now that I have taken Eli to get stitches/staples. Chris has never had the pleasure. Two of the three times I had a baby with me that was under 2 months old. So, I blame Chris. And I will never again feel dumb for being anxious before he goes out of town.
(On a related note, Isaac has never had to have stitches or any type of emergency medicine, except for the pea up the nose. Knowing the two of them I would totally think that Isaac would have more scars but nope, so far he just has a lot of bruises.)
5 comments:
I am so sorry. I almost wrote on FB that I hoped Chris came home from work to help you. Of course, he's out of town. I should have known. You are a strong woman. Call me if you need any help this week. Tal and I would love to come visit.
For some reason, this entry made me laugh, a lot. Not because it's funny that Eli got hurt, but the whole "I blame Chris." It's totally his fault! LOL It IS funny that things like this happen when he's not around to help you out. Ironic, eh? lol
I'm around too if you need help! Course not during the day, but if you need to get out after 5, I can come play with the boys!
Sorry I stole mom and dad, I would have reconsidered had I known Chris would be out of town this week! I hope things calm down for you! I can send one of them back down if you need it!
It is so true, things like this ALWAYS happen when I have all the kids alone. It just means you are a STRONG, BRAVE woman!
I agree Heather, you are strong and brave!! You have EVERY right to get anxious when Chris is out of town!! I can come take the boys if you would like!!
Post a Comment