Tuesday, December 16, 2008

As the days go by

You know how most days are the same and seem to go by without much excitement. Today is NOT one of those days. I woke up to several inches of snow which is great. It makes it feel more like Christmas and it put me in a good mood. I took the boys out and started shoveling. Eli decided that he would help me by building a snow bank in the middle of the driveway. I decided to just let him. At least it was keeping him busy so I could shovel other places. It didn't take long to realize that his gloves were left in the car which Chris had at work. So, needless to say the shoveling didn't last long. We have half of the driveway cleared off and that half has a big mound in the middle of it. Here's a picture to prove it.

Shortly after we came inside my sister called and asked if I had heard from Chris. Umm, no, I hadn't. It turns out the National Guard Headquarters (where he works) was evacuated because of an anthrax scare. Not an everyday occurrence. The good thing is that they just sent them home early.

When we were eating lunch I met a parenting milestone that I was hoping to avoid. Isaac put a pea up his nose. I tried to get it out and couldn't. He kept trying to get it out and ended up pushing it farther up. I could hardly see it. I tried to suck it out with the shop vac but he wouldn't let me get the hose that close to his nose. So, I packed up the boys and headed down to the urgent care. Luckily we didn't have to wait long for the doctor to not see the pea in his nose. We don't know if he ended up swallowing it or if it's stuck so far up in his sinuses that we can't see it. The options are to take him to the er and let them sedate him and look for it or call an ear nose and throat doctor and see if they can get us in. I chose to just come home. I hope he swallowed it. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.

And last but not least, I am now a great aunt. That makes me feel really old. Chris's niece Taisha gave birth to a baby girl today.

So, no, today is not a normal day. And it's only 2:30.

3 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

HAHAHAHA This is where I want to say "Oh, the joys of parenting", but I wouldn't know. LOL. I told Bart about the pea thing yesterday and the first thing he said was "well wouldn't he just end up swallowing it?" haha. So maybe he did!

If you haven't already, you should check the family site and see the pictures of our GREAT niece. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh Heather. Yeah for snow, boo for peas up the nose.

Lilies and Lace said...

The shop vac comment gave me a great laugh. Parker did that one time, but luckily the tweezers worked for us. I think ours was a raisin. he he