Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Look What Eli can do!!



Ride a bike with no training wheels, or a two wheeler as he calls it.
He's so proud of himself. I told him to give me an "I'm so happy I can ride a two wheeler smile."

A few weeks ago Eli came into my room in the morning and asked me if we could take the training wheels off of his bike. He was pretty sure that since he could ride his two wheel Razor scooter he'd be able to ride a two wheeler bike. We took his training wheels off that day and he rode around a little with me holding onto the back of the seat. It turns out it was a little harder than the scooter and he got tired of that quickly. We hadn't tried again until today. Aubrie, our next door neighbor (pictured above) who he plays with all the time. learned how to ride her two wheeler today. (The six year old who lives across the street taught her) After that Eli really wanted to learn too. So, again I held the back of his seat a few more times as he rode around. Then I told him to ride on the grass and I was going to let go. He went about 3 feet by himself the first time. Each time he would go a little farther. Now he can start by himself and is getting really good. I have a feeling the Razor is going to take a backseat for awhile. It's fun to see him so excited about it. I'm amazed that he learned so quickly.
Way to go Eli!!

3 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

YAAAY! I'm so glad I got to see him ride :) He's so cool!

Lindsey said...

YIPPEEE!!!!!!! Great job Eli!!!!

Polly said...

WOOHOO Eli!!! I am so proud of you!!