Monday, May 24, 2010

Eli's Birthday Celebrations

Today is Eli's 6th birthday. I can't believe that I have been a parent for 6 years. That seems crazy to me. I'm planning a all things Eli post soon but for now I will just post a bunch of pictures of what turned into a weekend full of celebrations. It has been fun but I'm glad it's all over.

On Friday afternoon we had his friend party. I was not in my right mind and let him invite 13 kids, all of which came. So add my two and there were 15 3-6 year olds here. It was CRAZY. I'm glad Chris and Emilee were here to help because I wouldn't have been able to do it alone. Eli loved it which is what counts. He even said after the party that it was crowded.


The kids playing with the trains. It was a Thomas party so we took advantage of the massive amounts of train and track that we had to keep them busy at first.

Then we had a treasure hunt/train ride that ended in a pinata. The kids all got a turn and Eli was the one who broke it on his second turn. It couldn't have turned out better.

Eli taking his turn.


Trying to open presents. We had to tell them to get back and sit down several times. Like I said, it was crazy.

On Saturday we went as a family to see Shrek 4. It was fun. Isaac actually sat through the whole thing then ended up falling asleep towards the end. I was able to sit by Eli and really enjoyed it. He is fun to go to movies with because he likes it so much and laughs a lot. It was really fun.

On Sunday we had both Chris and I's families over for dinner. It turned out to be a lot of people too but it wasn't quite as crazy.

The Percy cake that Harmony made.


Eli blowing out the candles.


Just to document the amount of people who were there. There were most likely a few more sitting at the kitchen table that you can't see here. Isaac has said several times "There were a lot of people here."


Grandma and Pa gave Eli his own "real scuba diving stuff" as he calls it.



Isaac's turn to slobber all over the snorkel.

And finally tonight we went out to dinner as a family at Pirate Island. We lucked out in that it was family night there and all kids got 4 free tokens. We only spent $1 on tokens and the boys got to play a few games. They also had free bingo which was nice to play while we waited for our food.


The boys waiting for their food. This was the best I could get.


Eli's free birthday dessert. He was excited to have the pirates come sing to him.


Playing in the playland area. This is his pirate face.

When we got home from Pirate Island Eli got to open his presents.



Isaac helping Eli open presents.

The after shot.

Happy Birthday Eli

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like great fun!

Destiny Kroeber said...

Wow, I can't imagine having that many kids all at once. You're amazing!! LOL I still have a really hard time believing he's 6 years old. I think I was in denial, because I was making myself believe he was turning 5 this year :(. Sigh.

The party on Sunday was REALLY fun. That's probably the funnest get together in a long time, but yeah, LOTS of people. There were even more than usual :) it was still nice. There wasn't any fighting (kids) or anything!
Oh and I love Eli's pirate face. He looks like his Dad. LOL

Anonymous said...

Tell you SIL that the cake turned out super cute! You are officially super mom- a whole weekend of celebrating. Fun, fun, fun and exhausting. :)

Stacey Mortensen said...

Wow! You guys really know how to celebrate a birthday. I love the "after shot" with the headband!