Tuesday, June 15, 2010

All about Eli: 6 years old

Height - 48 1/2 inches
Weight - 57 lbs

Eli loves to learn. He is constantly asking questions and wanting to know what is right, etc. It is something that his kindergarten teacher mentioned to me often. He was always wanting to give the right answer and just soaked up whatever was taught to him. Just tonight I was amazed all over again at his constant question asking. He is constantly asking me questions about everything. Tonight one of the topics was the oil spill in Louisiana. He was asking me if it kept going even at night, if it was going to get to the beaches in California, if it was going to soak up to Utah, etc. There are also many questions that he asks me that I can't answer because I don't know what the answer is. He will remember pretty much anything you tell him so you have to be sure to tell him the right answer.

He passed kindergarten with flying colors. He had "At or Exceeding Grade Level" in every category on his last progress report.

Eli is a good big brother. He loves to pester his little brother. He can make Isaac cry just by looking at him. (That isn't an exaggeration.) Isn't that what big brothers are supposed to do? He is also very sweet to Isaac at times. He will help him with things and look out for him. Eli will also comfort Isaac when Isaac needs it. He is a great big brother.

His Primary teacher tells me every week how good he is in class. She says that he is a leader and helps all of the other kids.

Eli is very social. He loves to play with friends. There have been several days when a few different friends have called to see if he could play. He loves to be around other kids. He also loves to have family parties. He is always asking me if we can have them.

He is a perfectionist. Everything has to be right. There is always a right way to play with every toy. If Isaac or someone else isn't doing it the "right" way then he really has a hard time. He is a very realistic thinker.

And just to be fair I have to add that Eli has a hard time controlling his temper. He tends to break down easily and takes some time to calm down at times. He spends much more time in his room calming down that I prefer. We are working on this and it seems to be getting better.

Honestly, it is hard for me to describe Eli. I feel like you just have to know him. He is a great kid and I'm so glad that he is a part of our family. He adds so much joy to our family.

I did a little photo shoot with Eli.

This is pretty much exactly what he thought about the whole photo shoot idea. Then I offered a snow cone when it was over and if he did what I asked him and we got these.


I think this is my favorite.


This is kind of crazy but I love it. It's just Eli being Eli.










I love this sweet Eli face.

We love you Eli

3 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

I laughed really hard at the fact that he can make Isaac cry just by looking at him. That's really mean (that I would laugh!) haha He is a really good big brother though and of COURSE brother's are supposed to pick on their younger siblings.

I love these pictures. I just realized that it isn't until I actually sit down and look at pictures of the boys when I realize how big they are getting. Eli looks so mature and grown up in these pictures. I LOVE that picture of him on the steps. Pretty impressive, not too many "goofy" smile pictures! The goofy one though looks like he's doing air guitar, which also made me laugh. lol

Anonymous said...

Heather you are quite the photographer! I love the pics and sweet Eli, I can't think about him and not smile. xo

Polly said...

I agree the pictures are GREAT!! You did a great job describing Eli.