Thursday, June 10, 2010

Aspen Grove

Last week we were able to spend a few days at Aspen Grove. It was a Smith Family reunion and all of my immediate family was there. With 10 kids, spouses and their kids, it adds up and we rarely all get together. This was a last get together before my parents go on a mission to Jamaica this fall. It was so much fun. I think everyone loved it. It's hard not to love a vacation where kid programs are provided for the majority of the day, all meals are cooked and cleaned up for you, you are with all of your family, the weather is great, etc. It really was a good time.



Isaac caught his first fish. I missed the actual catching because I didn't get down to the fish pond soon enough. I guess he caught it on the first cast. Chris hadn't even gotten Eli's pole ready yet.


Of course he wasn't done fishing but they have a one fish a day limit. So Chris put a lure on without a hook and let Isaac "fish." This is pretty much what it looked like.


After many bites and one fish that got away after it was totally reeled in and out of the water, Eli also caught a fish. I was glad that he was able to catch one. I remember fishing in the same fishing pond growing up. I'm pretty sure it's where I caught my first fish. I'm glad that it's a memory that I can pass off to my kids.


The best picture I could get of both boys with their fish. No, Isaac doesn't have a shirt on under his hoodie. He wouldn't put on one and I wasn't going to make him.



At the airsoft gun shooting competition. Our family kind of took over at the beginning.


Isaac swimming with his class. I had to put this on to document that he actually did go with his class for a few hours. After this is begged to leave with me and I couldn't ever get him to go back. I'm not sure why he didn't like it but he really didn't want to go.


An attempt at a picture of Grandma and Grandpa with all of their grand kids. There is only one missing because she wouldn't stay in the picture.

There was much more that happened but I don't have pictures of it all. It really was a fun time and we're all wishing we could go back. Eli has asked several times.

Thank you Mom and Dad for such a great few days.

1 comment:

Destiny Kroeber said...

This looks like it was tons of fun and I think it's great you got to have your entire family together before your parents leave. (By the way - Jamaica? I'm jealous! lol)

I'm so excited Isaac caught his first fish. I was way older than him when I caught my first one (like 6-7!) and I remember it being one of the most EXCITING things to me ever, at the time. It's also kinda amazing to think back at yourself fishing as a kid in that very same spot. Surreal. :)