Friday, May 9, 2008

Another Week Down

I am always glad when the week ends because it means we are one week closer to Chris coming home. It is getting so close now I can feel it. I got an email from him today and he told me that their replacements finally got there. They had been held up in Kuwait because of a chicken pox outbreak but they have arrived and now Chris and his guys will start training them. It makes it more real that they will actually be home soon. He also told me that he got his promotion packet from the state and is now waiting for the federal one to go through. He will be a 1LT before he gets home which is exciting. I think the job is mostly the same but he will get paid more.

This has been a good week. We share a timeshare up at Snowbird with Chris's family this last week. I was able to leave the boys with Chris' mom and sister on Monday night and go up there all by myself. It was a nice break. I brought the boys up to swim on Tuesday and then last night we went up and spent the night. Eli was asking me on the way up there if he could ask the ski people if they could hook his skis up to my skis and then he could ski with me. Funny thing is I don't ski and we don't even have skis. I have not clue where that idea came from. He is quite a kid.

I got an email this week about my 10 year high school reunion. It is kind of crazy that it's been 10 year since I graduated from high school. I haven't decided if I'm going to go to the reunion or not. I think I'm leaning towards not going.

Have a happy day.

3 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

This makes me really excited. You're right, knowing that the replacements are there makes it feel SO much real that he's really coming home!!! I'm feeling giddy at the thought, I could almost cry. I can't wait.

I'm really glad you got a day to yourself to relax. I'm sure that's nice every once in a while!! I'm sorry I haven't been down for so long. I definitely want to come over next week!

I think you should go to your reunion :).

Cassi said...

So excited for you and your boys. I love all the pics and updates on them. It will be fun to hang out when we get back to Utah. What are your plans for when Chris gets home? Are you staying where you are at? Anyway the highschool reuninon is weird. We are so old.

roamingjones said...

I'm thinking I may not go to my 10-year either. What's the fun if the hubby doesn't want to come, eh?