Chris came home today. We are all obviously so happy. He flew into the Salt Lake Air National Guard base about noon. It is so cool to see the plane pull up. There was a color guard from the VFW that held flags for them to walk throuh. Chris was one of the first off of the plane which was very nice. We got interviewed by a reporter from Fox 13 News. I am really hoping that it isn't on the news. I always said that I wouldn't talk to the reporters but of course when they ask you for an interview it is hard to say no.
We are all happy he is home. It is great to be together as a family again. Now we just have to wait and see what the future brings.

I think he is happy to be home.
All four of us.
Eli trying to carry Chris' backpack. Whenever he tried to move he almost fell over because the pack was so heavy. It was pretty funny.
This is what we came home to. I had put up the little flags before we left but our neighbors and ward members put a lot more stuff out. It looks really great. There were several of them waiting for us to come home too. They all cheered and came over to shake Chris' hand and say thanks. We live in a great ward and neighborhood.
8 comments:
WELCOME HOME!!! I am so glad you are home safe and sound and get to be with the ones you love. The picture of your decorated house totally made me cry! I am reading the book Army Wives and just got through a difficult chapter so I am even more sensitive right now. (If you haven't seen the Lifetime Series of Army Wives, I think you should :) Yay for coming home! Now if you can only keep the house looking like that until the 4th of July...
Hooray!!! Welcome home Lt. Kroeber (pronounced Kree-bear in German :) Thanks for letting me come today. I've been looking at pictures on all the news websites and I just saw Chris on Fox 13 news. He's famous!
YAAAAAAAY!!!! I'm so EXCITED to see him tomorrow :). Can't think of anything else to say. Just so excited! :)
Awesome! Welcome home Chris. We are so happy for you and your family. Thanks for your service.
Yeah!! We are so excited for you. I was thinking of you and not remembering for sure which day he came home. I am so glad he's back. I am sure you will all enjoy the time with him.
Welcome home Chris!! Thanks for your sacrifice for us and our country. I also teared up seeing the picture of your house decorated. What great neighbors!
WELCOME HOME CHRIS!!! i WAS SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT HE WAS HOME I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW HAPPY YOU ARE HEATHER. YOU HAVE BEEN A TROOPER!
Wow, that last picture made me cry! I am so happy that Chris is home. Good job to you all and thanks for your sacrifice!
Post a Comment