Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I am seeing more everyday how much my little boys have grown up. Eli had his first Valentine's party at preschool today. We bought some Dora and Diego Valentines a few weeks ago and he has been counting down everyday since then. He was so excited. This morning he wrote the names of all the kids in his class on the valentines and he loved it. The kid loves letters and writing so it was just his thing. And yesterday when I went to pick him up he wanted his friend Elijah to come home with us to play. (We thought Elijah was not too common of a name when we named Eli but there are only seven kids in his preschool class and there is another Elijah, a girl named Eliza and another girl named Ellie. Apparently we were wrong.) That hasn't ever happened before. There are just little things that make me realize that he is getting older. It's fun to have the new experiences.

The post below is my Grandpa's obituary. Isn't he so cute. I love that picture of him.

3 comments:

roamingjones said...

Heather, we wish you our condolences on losing your Grandpa. May you and your family be comforted in your loss.

Gary and Brittany

Georganne said...

Heather I am also sorry for your loss. How empty things must feel for you.

I don't know if you remember me. Chris and my husband Stan were in the ROTC together. I just realized that you are Brady's cousin. I grew up with him! I would love to have his email if you don't mind sharing it with me. My email address is georgannebell@gmail.com

Destiny Kroeber said...

Eli is so funny. It's always amazing to me to watch my nieces and nephews grow up because it happens SO quickly. He's so smart. I didn't think Eli was a very common name. I've known 1 other Elijah my whole life.

I was happy to hear that the funeral was a happy one. It's not so sad knowing how much he wanted to be with his wife again and he lived a very fulfilling and generous life. :)