
For those of you who don't get to spend a lot of time with my boys I figured I would fill you all in a little bit on Eli and the kind of boy he is. He is very smart and imaginative. He can't seem to play a simple game. For example today he asked me if I wanted to play catch with him. I said yes and we started playing catch. But catch to him can't simply be throwing a ball back and forth. We had a ball and he put two stuffed animals on the floor in between us. Those were pins and if we hit the pins then we had to walk across the room and get a make believe ticket then walk back across the room and put it in some toy or do something else with it before we could start to play catch again. I have a feeling he isn't going to enjoy organized sports for awhile. He won't want to just hit a ball and run to a base or try to kick the ball into a net there will have to me a lot more involved.
Another example of Eli's mind happened last weekend. All weekend we were no longer people we were all different trains from Thomas. He was James because that is his favorite. Isaac was Thomas, Chris was Diesel or Gordon (when we was home and after he left Eli told me that he missed Diesel.) I was Percy or Henry or sometimes Emily. If anyone came over he gave them their own train name, all trains from the show of course. People would get a little confused when they walked in and he told them that they were Edward or Gordon. The funny part is that he kept calling Sir Topham Hat Sir Taco Hat.
He is a good boy though who likes to be a good helper. He adds er to any word so he can use it to describe himself like if he is doing a job he will say he is a jobber. A few weeks ago he hooked his hands around Isaac and said that he was a hooker. That gave us a good laugh. He does really enjoy helping me though. He will do close to anything for me if I ask him to be a big helper.
The picture on the top is one of my favorite from recently. It is just a very typical Eli face. The scratches on his cheek he got from a girl at his preschool. He told me that they were playing with a Mr. Potato Head and had an argument. He hit her on the head with the Mr. Potato Head then she scratched his face. The hitting is something we've been trying to work on.
Eli is a struggle for me sometimes because he has so much personality and energy but he sure knows how to give a killer hug. His friend's Dad told me that he has a huge personality in a little body which is very true. He is very loving and that makes up for all of the rest. We love having him around.
3 comments:
Eli is so funny. He never fails to fascinate me and sometimes I wish I had a mind like his!
That reminds me of a few weeks ago when the boys were here and Eli was laying on Isaac (and of course Isaac was laughing hysterically) and Eli kept saying "I'm turning Isaac into an oval!!" It took us a while to figure out what he was talking about. "Isaac is a circle and if I squish him, he'll be an oval!" I am never bored when those boys are around. :)
He is a cute kid, so funny and smart! It was good to see you on Saturday, we will have to hang out more. By the way Noah got sick on Sunday so I hope that your boys didn't get anything. Talk to you soon.
So glad you have a blog. It's fun to see pics of your cute and crazy boys. I just think boys are crazier than girls--at least at this age. But I don't have very balanced experience. Glad to hear your visit with Chris was wonderful. Hang in there! Love, Cass
Post a Comment