Sunday, March 22, 2009

Scuba Certification

Chris has loved to scuba dive ever since I met him. He has wanted me to be interested in it for a while now but I have held out. Chris decided to take me to Hawaii and leave the boys with Grandma and Grandpa and suddenly I found a desire to get my scuba certification. I've been taking a class from Scuba Ted's in Springville the last few weeks. We went out to Blue Lake, south of Wendover, to finish our certification this weekend.
This is us walking on the boardwalk out to the lake. Scuba gear is heavy.
This is me having another girl turn my air tank on. I forgot to do it before I put it on and it's kind of important. For some crazy reason you want to have air to breathe when you're under the water.Here we are all saying we're "okay" while waiting for our instructor before our first dive.
Scuba gear is very flattering.

This was my instructor Doug. He was a great instructor. I would recommend him and Scuba Ted's to anyone who wants to get certified. It was the cheapest place we found and they were great to work with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my idol Heather! Cool lake, was there anything other then mud on the bottom?

Sarah said...

Heather, I am so excited for you and jealous too! What an adventure!

Lindsey said...

You rock! I'm jealous!

Cassi said...

fun...when are you going to Hawaii? Sounds so great!

Lilies and Lace said...

Wow! That actually looks pretty cool. You will have to let me know how it is on the claustrophobia side. I am really excited for you to go to HI though. There is nothing like a vacation with just your hubby!

Jarad said...

Ahh, blue lake! I love the variety of fish there... Me and Kristen did our certification there. Unfortunately I haven't been since.