Do you ever feel like there are themes to your life? They can come and go, sometimes they linger for longer than you'd wish. The theme of my life today seems to be clothing or the lack thereof.
Today was Eli's picture day at school. I remembered and picked out two shirts for him to choose from last night. I also put a pair of pants into his drawer that I wasn't sure fit him anymore. I figured I'd wait and see. Well, of course he put them on this morning and they were too small plus had a hole in the knee that I hadn't noticed. I tried my hardest to get him to change into some other pants. I even bribed him with some M&M's but nothing worked. Luckily you can't see pants in school pictures. I did go into his class to volunteer today and he looked really funny with clothes that were too small. His shirt was on the small side too. It would've been okay with pants that fit but since his didn't, he looked pretty funny.
After giving in to Eli's determination I had both boys go outside so we could get Eli to school on time. I gathered up the needed items then went outside to see Isaac standing on the front lawn, as close to the road as possible, with his shorts around his ankles and no diaper on. I hurried out to him and his reply when I asked him what he was doing was "I want to poop on the grass." Of course my neighbor was walking out to her car at this moment and saw and heard the whole thing. I quickly brought him inside and talked him into putting a diaper on.
Then a while later we were at Costco. As I was strolling down the isle Isaac takes his shirt off and throws it on the floor. Of course he wouldn't put it back on so I held it and did my shopping. I did get some strange looks but I don't care. Some battles are worth fighting especially not in the middle of the store.
Eli has a new habit of chewing on his shirt. It is constantly in his mouth. I tried to not worry about it too much but today he actually started ripping one of his shirts. (And it was a nice shirt that he wore for picture day) Does anyone have any advice on this? I'm not sure if it's a battle to fight or to just let it go and hopefully it will pass. I really don't want him to ruin all of his shirts. If anyone has any experience or thoughts please pass them on.
4 comments:
As much as I imagine things like this cause you stress... I can't help but laugh. GEEZ the entertaining life of a Mother! :)
Oh, for the shirt thing - I chewed/sucked on my shirt ALL the time when I was little, but I honestly don't remember how I finally stopped. Maybe talk to Mommy about it! I don't remember if she actually did anything to get me to stop or if I just grew out of it...? Worth asking!
That picture makes me laugh even harder. Isaac and his shirt... "At least he has one on!" hahahahaha
I cried I laughed so hard!! Remember when Mom said, "It wasn't always fun raising you all but at least it wasn't boring!!" Heather, I am so sorry, but I really can't stop laughing!!
Daniel has started chewing on his clothing too. I usually take his shirt off (if we are home) if I catch him doing it.
Post a Comment