Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Queen Bed
At about 4 o'clock this morning, Eli came into our room because he had had a bad dream. I let him climb into bed by me as I always do when he has bad dreams. Then about 15 minutes later I heard our door open again. This time it was Isaac making one of his seemingly endless nighttime visits to our bed. I quickly told him that he couldn't get in our bed, thinking that there wasn't any room. I then remembered the time and that Chris would be getting up shortly so I let him climb in too. There we were, all 4(1/2) members of our family, trying to sleep in a queen size bed. Needless to say, it didn't work out well. Chris ended up getting up before his alarm which is hard to do when it goes off at 4:30 a.m. I then tried to get the boys to actually go to sleep while Chris was getting ready for work. With the way my boys like their dad, it's nearly impossible to get them to not pay him any attention. As Chris was leaving Isaac popped up and told me he needed to ask dad something. I told him to run out and see if he had left. Of course he didn't want to do this on his own so I accompanied him. Isaac ran into the living room where Chris was standing by the door ready to leave. Isaac ran up to him, gave him a huge Isaac hug (which are the BEST) and a kiss and quickly went back into what is apparently thought of as the family bed. Amazingly both boys went back to sleep and slept until after 7. If I remember right, I didn't get out of bed until closer to 7:30 which doesn't happen often. It's nice to sleep with one of my little boys on each side of me. All three of my boys is quite a tight fit. I think we need a king.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like it! If you want FIVE people to fit in your bed, you might have to upgrade ;) lol
I hear you on this! When I wakup because I am being pushed out of my own bed by kids I just get up and go to one of their empty beds! it works!
cute post. And did I read that right you're pregnant? I didn't know... congrats!
I think we should all have a pact to tell newlyweds to buy CA King beds. I so wish we had one rather then a queen too!
Post a Comment