School has been out for two weeks and it has finally warmed up so I think summer is upon us. We have had some summer fun already. The boys had a few days of swimming lessons. Eli made great progress and can now swim on his own. Isaac has also learned a lot.
Isaac during his lesson.
We also spent an afternoon making ice-cream. It was fast, easy and a lot of fun. Plus, the ice-cream was good. I didn't get any pictures of mixing all of it together but you put half and half, sugar, vanilla, and anything else you want into a small ziplock bag. Then you put that bag into a bigger ziplock bag that has 2 cups of ice and 3/4 cup of salt. Then you shake it up.
I didn't get any pictures of us putting it all together but here is Isaac shaking it.
Isaac with his blue ice-cream. Just and FYI, if you make this be sure to rinse the small bag off before you open it. I didn't with Isaac's and the ice-cream got salt in it. Ice-cream doesn't taste good with salt in it.
I was surprised at how well it turned out. I'm pretty sure we will be doing this again.
2 comments:
wow...super impressed...Eli has some skills! so do you heather with your nifty icecream. We will be copying you...all 6 of us.:)
We made ice cream like that on a camping trip last year. It worked well there too!
Post a Comment