Speaking of shoes, Isaac will only wear crocs (or imitation ones, he doesn't care about the brand). I don't even try other shoes anymore. I just bought him black lined ones that we can wear all winter. They seem to look better for church too.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Dressing themselves
Getting dressed each day (or several times each day) is interesting around here lately. Eli has finally decided that he can do it himself which is great. I figure that I decide what clothes go in his drawers and he can wear them however he wants. Sometimes the combination is great and other times it isn't. I've found that there is one pair of pants that if they are in the drawer he will wear them no matter what. And he will wear whatever shirt with them. I took some pictures as evidence.
Here are the boys cracking walnuts. (As a side note we have a walnut tree and there were a ton of walnuts this year. If anyone wants some let me know, we have plenty.) I took some close ups to better show the point I'm making.
These are the pants that are by far Eli's favorite. They are fleece and too big. I'm sure they're super comfy and that's why he always wants to wear them. I don't blame him, I choose comfort over fashion any day. His shirt is also on backwards. He seems to put it on backwards all the time. Like I mentioned before I just let it go as it isn't a big deal. But this shirt has a stripe across the front and not on the back so it looks kind of funny when he wears it backwards.
Isaac's issues with clothes are far harder for me to handle. This kids seems to have an opinion on everything lately. He has to choose his clothes and he will not wear anything else. He also has to put it on by himself or he will take it off. The only problem with that is he can't do it by himself yet. Some pants he can get on but he can't ever do shirts. I have to trick him every time we get dressed so he thinks he did it by himself, or distract him with something. In this picture he is wearing a pajama shirt that we wore to bed the night before and polyester church pants. He would not let me change any of it. Of course he also has on his favorite red shoes. They are almost too small and I don't know what to do. He has worn those forever. It will be a sad day to put them away.
This picture is of a miracle day last week when Isaac actually let me dress him in what I wanted him to wear. It took a few times of trying to get him to wear the vest. I thought he looked so cute I had to document it. Plus, it could very well be the only time he wears the vest and I think it's so cute.
Speaking of shoes, Isaac will only wear crocs (or imitation ones, he doesn't care about the brand). I don't even try other shoes anymore. I just bought him black lined ones that we can wear all winter. They seem to look better for church too.
Speaking of shoes, Isaac will only wear crocs (or imitation ones, he doesn't care about the brand). I don't even try other shoes anymore. I just bought him black lined ones that we can wear all winter. They seem to look better for church too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your kids crack me up! Clothes are definitely not a big deal and I'm glad that you let them choose.
Hahaha that is so cute. I noticed Eli wearing those pants the other day and they DO look way comfy! I'd wear them every day too! I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with letting your kids dress themselves, even if they look like crazy. It just makes them even more entertaining :) Makes me think of Kaitlyn and her rainbow striped tights that she loves to wear. lol
This post makes me laugh, and then cry tears of sympahthy! Love the pics. Your boys are stinking cute!!!! Even when their clothes don't match.
Post a Comment