Chris and I were able to spend last weekend in Washington DC. It was so nice to have some time away. It was cold while we were there but it was still fun. I consider myself a very patriotic person so there is much there that interests me. Here are some pictures of our trip.

This is a statue by the Vietnam Memorial. I think it is a part of it but I'm not sure.

Chris and I at the Korean War Memorial. This is a cool memorial. I really liked it.

A flag by the Korean Memorial.

Part of the changing of the guard ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I liked seeing the guards in their winter gear.

More at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

View of downtown DC from Arlington National
Cemetery. I think this was right outside of Robert E Lee's house but I'm not sure. I love Arlington. It is amazing to see the rows and rows of white gravestones. We have so much to be thankful for in this country.

Chris's grandparents live outside of Baltimore so we drove up and spent some time with them. It was nice. They have come to Utah twice since we've been married but both times Chris was gone with the Army. We were also able to see his uncle and some cousins that Chris hadn't seen in 18 years.

Chris told me I would sound snobby if I put this on here but I'm going to do it anyway. We rented a car and it had manual windows and locks. I couldn't believe it. I haven't seen a manual window in a long time. You also had to reach over and unlock the door with your hand. It took me back to my childhood.
3 comments:
I would love to see the tomb in person someday. I've always loved that.
That picture of the window made me laugh... and it's true! You really don't see manual windows much anymore. I remember lots of cars when I was little that the windows wouldn't roll down, or we had to open the door by reaching out and opening it from the outside, etc. LOL Ah, memories.
I like that picture of you guys with Gram and Pop. I think it's cool that you got to visit... You saw cousins I haven't seen since I was like 4!! lol
Our van has manual locks and windows. It's a good thing - less electronics to go haywire.
Thanks for the pictures. I love DC too. I laughed at the door picture. Haven't seen a roller downer like that for a long time!
Post a Comment