Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Soccer Game

Tonight was Eli's first soccer game ever. He has been looking forward to playing soccer for months and the day finally arrived. I spent almost the whole time taking pictures of the game. Here are a few of my favorites.

This one is my favorite. He may kill me when he's 15 but for now I think it's hilarious.
I also really like this one. I think the lighting is nice. I take absolutely no credit. It's all in the camera which I really have no idea how to use. I'm happy that I have it though.
After his team scored a goal he just stood there. Then he turned around and smiled at me.


His turn sitting out.

Falling down. He has told several people about falling down twice during the game.

When he came out as a sub he told Chris and I that he was trying to push the blue players down so he could get the ball. He even gave a little shoulder push to show us how he was doing it. I guess maybe the soccer genes run in the family. We told him that he shouldn't do that while I was thinking to myself, that's a good skill to have when you're playing soccer.

Towards the end of the game Eli got to do the kick off. Here he is running to the ball...

and here he is turning around and kicking it the wrong way. I don't think he understood the trading goals after half time thing. It was pretty funny though.
I must admit that it makes me really happy to be able to go watch him play. I've always loved watching sports and have been looking forward to watching my kids play sports ever since I've had kids. I'm happy that he had fun and hope that he still wants to play as he gets older.

7 comments:

Destiny Kroeber said...

Oh man, I didn't know his first game was yesterday! That's really awesome though and I'm glad he had fun. Are you going to Kaitlyn's game on Saturday? You should if you can and bring your spiffy camera! Those are great pictures!

When Eli's a teenager, you can tell him how to nicely push people down :P that really made me laugh. lol

Anonymous said...

Love the bum pic! Your camera takes amazing pictures! I laughed about Eli kicking the ball the wrong way. Did you laugh your head off on the sidelines?

Polly said...

WOOHOO Eli!!! I too LOVE the bum shot.

The Kroebers said...

I did laugh when he kicked the ball the wrong way. It was hard not too.

Camille Hammond said...

Wow, the grass is so green there! Any time I see green grass I get envious. Texas grass is just gross.

Lindsey said...

Fun! I love soccer!! It looks like Eli had fun!

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.