Friday, November 27, 2009

Isaac

(enjoying his free ice-cream at Pirate Island)


Isaac age 3
Energetic
Curious
Sugar lover
Independent
Adorable
Helpful
Silly
Persistent
Loving


Favorite Things
Curious George
Dad
Puzzles
Hide and Seek
Hopping on one foot
Eli
Jumping off of everything
Playing
Bandaids


My favorite things about him

He talks about time in weeks. He'll say remember last week when we did this and it was really yesterday or an hour ago. Or he'll say that he's coming in two weeks.


He gives the best hugs ever. He really does. He squeezes you so tight and sighs. I love it.


One of his favorite phrases is "never ever" as in "I'm never ever going to bed." Which some nights is almost true.


He loves to sleep in our bed. This is both a favorite and an annoyance of mine. It's hard to share a bed with a 3 year old but when he climbs in and cuddles up to you in the middle of the night it's hard to say no. A few hours later when he's moving all over and throwing the blankets off it's easier to move him back to his own bed.


He loves to help. He will do things all on his own to help his family. For example, tonight Eli needed to go to the bathroom but was whining that it was too dark in there. Isaac jumped right up and went and turned the light on all by himself without anyone saying anything. He does stuff like that often. He always gets a towel for me when I wash my hands. When I'm done he's standing there holding it out to me.


Him saying "Mom, come play wit me." It doesn't matter what I'm doing, that is hard to say no to.


Wearing his clothes backwards. He HAS to dress himself and almost always puts his clothes on backwards.


The only shoes that he will wear to church are crocs. He has worn other shoes and they never stay on the whole time. He has always loved crocs and they're pretty much the only shoes he wears.


When Chris gets home Isaac gets a big smile on his face and runs to him from wherever he's at. He LOVES his dad. He cries for his daddy whenever he gets hurt.


When he does something he wasn't supposed to do his response is that he didn't do it, nobody did. Or if it has to do with a forbidden object it's nothing. What are you eating? "Nothing" as he chews the candy in his mouth. There are a lot of nobodies and nothings around our house lately.


He jumps off of everything. It doesn't matter how high it is, he will jump off of it. He also jumps into my lap all the time, even when I'm not ready. If you're on the floor you have to be ready for him to jump on you at any time.


He can't stand to stay hiding when playing hide and seek. He will come out to find you or yell at you and tell you where he is. It's his favorite game lately.


He is always saying thank you. He says it to me almost whenever I get him something. It makes it so much easier to do things for him. He is starting to say your welcome more too which I love just as much.

His smile. He honestly has the best smile. He has always smiled a lot. My dad called him Mr. Smiles as a baby because he was always smiling. I hope that stays. That smile can melt my heart so fast.


My least favorite things about him


Yelling "Mom, mom, mom, where are you?" over and over and over even though I have answered him several times.


Climbing up onto anything to do something by himself. I'm not sure how he hasn't fallen off the counter yet. A dresser has fallen on him because he was climbing on it. Luckily it was light and he didn't get hurt. (and just for the record, I was out of the country at the time.)


Bringing toys into the living room right after I cleaned it. Of course anything he brings in isn't a toy because I said no toys in the living room. "It's not a toy, its a truck."


We Love You, Isaac.

5 comments:

EM said...

He makes me laugh all the time. What a fun kid!

Destiny Kroeber said...

He does make me laugh all the time. I know that if I'm ever feeling down, all I need to do is go over there and have him give me big hugs and goofy grins and I'm happy :) I don't know what life would be like without him!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Issac. I loved this post. I feel like I know him better now. Living so far away is the pits! What a sweet and beautiful boy. I love your new back ground too. :)

Lindsey said...

Yeah for the best Isaac ever!!! He is so adorable and I love that Dad and Gramps called him Mr. Smiles - so cute!!! Love you Isaac!!!!

Cassi said...

Happy Birthday Isaac. I love this tribute. We really need to get our boys together. My almost 3 year old would have a ball with yours.