Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love fall

I used to always think Spring was my favorite season but I think it has now changed to fall. I am really loving fall this year. The colors are so pretty and the weather has been great. All I ever want to do is go up in the mountains and see the leaves. Yesterday I took the boys on a drive up South Fork of Provo Canyon. I think I must have rubbed off on Eli because he kept saying things like "Mom, look at all that pretty." or "There is a lot of beautiful." I enjoy it when my kids can enjoy nature with me. We stopped on the way back and let the kids play at Vivian Park. Eli has had croup this week so we have been couped up. It felt really nice to get out of the house.

As another attempt to enjoy fall, last week we went up to Cascade Springs. That place always reminds me of high school as me and a few friends would go up there often. It is a great place to go in the fall. There are awesome trails that are great for kids and the leaves get so pretty. Plus, it is off of the Alpine Loop so the ride up is beautiful as well. Here are some pictures of our excursion.

Chris is looking for bugs in the mud to show the boys.

Isaac looking at an ant or something. He loves bugs lately.

Eli liked reading all of the signs.

Playing with a caterpillar that we found.

4 comments:

Ali said...

The day I went into labor with Noah we had walked around Cascade springs so I have great memories of that place, and it is a pretty drive.
Fun outing for you family!

Lindsey said...

Super cute pictures!!! What a fun outing!!! I too LOVE the fall and have decided that it is for sure my favorite season too!

Destiny Kroeber said...

These are adorable pictures! I'm glad you had fun. It reminds me of things we used to do when we were little and I'm glad that Eli and Isaac have that too, because those are always the memories that stick in my mind when I think about my family when we were all young.

Anonymous said...

I am adding my voice to the cheers for Fall! Yeah for sunny days that are not hot. The bug love pics will make a cute page for the boys scrapbooks. Love ya!