Sunday, July 5, 2009

7 Years

Today is our 7th anniversary. Thanks to my sister Polly, who stayed with our boys, we were able to spend a night together in Park City this week.

Our first item on the agenda was going to the Park City Resort and riding the alpine slide and coaster. Here are some pictures of us waiting to go down the alpine slide.


We did the coaster next which is my favorite thing there. We went together and it was so fast we were both a little scared. Chris was in charge of the breaks and they weren't put on until we reached the end. It was a lot of fun.

We stayed at the Silver King Hotel at the base of Park City Resort. The best part is that it was free. Okay so we had to pay like $25 in taxes and fees but that's it. The room was really nice and the bed was super soft which we loved. It was actually a 1 bedroom 2 bath condo with a full kitchen. It also had a hot tub in the room. It was really great. (For any of you who are in the Military, All Seasons Resort offers a free night in one of their properties twice a year to those who have returned from Iraq or Afghanistan. You can email me or leave a comment if you want more info.)


You can see the hot tub through the doors.
We got "Mama Mia" from a redbox and watched it that night. I saw the musical when it was in Salt Lake years ago and really liked it. The movie, not so much. It was really cheesy and we had several good laughs at how dumb it was. At least it had good music.
The next morning we got up and went on a trail run/hike. It was really fun and a good workout. We spent some time at the outlet mall and found a new favorite store, the Columbia outlet. We spent too much money but got some great deals so it's okay.

On our way down Parley's Canyon we drove in one of the worst rain storms I've ever been in. Our windshield wipers were on their fastest setting and this is what our windshield still looked like. I was nervous and just as I was telling Chris to pull over and wait it out it let up and then stopped.

We spent the afternoon at the Draper Temple. It was the first time I had been since it was dedicated and it was a good experience.

After the temple we went to the Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then to see Transformers 2. We totally took advantage of the free babysitting and didn't get home until midnight. It was a great few days together and I'm really happy we could do it.

Today we started what I hope will become a family tradition. I made a pie and we put 7 candles on it and we all sang happy birthday to our family. I think that our anniversary is going to be a family celebration since that is really what it's all about.

6 comments:

Lilies and Lace said...

You guys are cute. Congrats on 7 years. That is so great. I am glad to see a couple who love to do fun things together. It is refreshing.

Polly said...

Let's do it again next year!!

Destiny Kroeber said...

I'm so glad you guys got to get out together!! That sounds so fun. You have awesome sisters!

EM said...

I forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the pie family celebration on your anniversary! I am glad you had fun.

Martha said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary. I'm so happy that you two were able to really get away and spend some time together. It sounds like you had a blast. I also love the new family tradition. It makes complete sense to be having a little celebration as a whole unit. That IS what life is all about. Love ya! :)M