I like house projects. It's fun to make a space nicer than it was before. I like doing the work myself or watching Chris do most of the work and pretend like I'm helping. And of course saving money by not paying someone else to do it. There is only one problem with house projects. The time that is used to complete them interferes with my time to do the daily tasks that are required of me. So even though I got two more coats of paint on the wall, had a friends two boys over to play for a few hours, put up, cleaned, took down and put away the tent, cleaned the air mattresses, finished washing the sleeping bags and blankets from our camping trip as well as several other small jobs around the house, my living room currently looks like this.
I'm not going to mention what the rest of the house looks like. I'm too exhausted to do anything about it tonight. It will have to wait until tomorrow.
p.s. I know that it's all toys and I should just have my kids clean it up. We aren't very good at that and I'd rather have them go to bed on time then fight them to clean up the living room.
3 comments:
At first I thought, "what do mean-spent pioneer day doing projects?" And then I realized the 24th of July is a holiday there! Kind of weird, I forget because every other place it's just another day. It was great when Robby worked for Orem that he got it off!
I so wish there was a meter somewhere in my house that showed how hard I worked that day. The state of our house certainly doesn't show it most of the time. Yeah for a 6 month old project finished!!!!
Heather, I think you are brave to put a picture of your living room on your blog. My living room looks MUCH worse and I didn't have four kiddos in it today, just me!!
Post a Comment