Unfortunately Eli got sick the night before the wedding so we weren't able to go. I was bummed to miss it but couldn't really leave a sick child for someone else to take care of.
On Christmas Eve we headed up to Sandy for a short family get together with Chris's family. His sister, Heidi, flew in from Seattle and surprised his mom. Then we came home and did our Christmas Eve reading of Luke and opening new pajamas. Here are the boys in their new train pj's.
(Yes, Isaac did scratch Eli's face all up that morning.)
We had a great Christmas morning. Eli didn't wake up until 7 which was awesome. Unfortunately I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep because I was waiting for the one of the boys to come in and wake us up. We opened presents and played with new toys and then went out to Santaquin to Lena's house where we opened more presents and played with more new toys. All of Chris's siblings were there. Heidi never gets to come home for Christmas because of her job and was only here for a day this time so it was great to all be together.
The sickness that Eli had spread to Chris and I at different times so the week between Christmas and New Years was slow at times. We are all feeling better now.
We opted for a nice quiet New Years Eve at Chris's parents house in Sandy. (As quiet as anything can be with our children there.) We put the kids to bed about 9 and stayed up playing games. Most holidays get much more enjoyable once you have kids but New Years Eve just isn't one of them. At least not for me. I am glad that it's a new year and to look forward to new adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment