Friday, January 15, 2010

Shrek

Lately my boys have been on a huge Shrek kick. It is the only movie that they want to watch. While I enjoy that movie (or did) it gets old quick. I've been singing "Welcome to Dulock, it's a perfect place..." for days now.

Yesterday Eli was playing at a friends house. I called over there to see how things were going and his friends mom told me that while they were playing with Hot Wheels Eli said his car was "the fastest car on the whole damn planet." She even asked him to repeat it to make sure he had really said what she thought he said. Sure enough. Luckily this mom is a friend of mine and this is a house that Eli plays at a lot. She told me that she didn't say anything to Eli about it because she was trying really hard not to laugh.

Tonight when I was putting Eli to bed I asked him about it. I asked him if he remembered what he said and he didn't. I reminded him but said "whole damn earth" instead of planet. Apparently that sparked his memory because he promptly corrected me. I asked him where he learned that and he said "Off of Shrek. Donkey says that parfait is the best thing on the whole damn planet." Yep, I had forgotten that part. So not only is the movie annoying me but it's also teaching my 5 year old to swear. I should probably pay more attention to what I'm letting them watch.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Heather...loved your post, mainly because my kids also love that movie and we even got the trilogy for them for Christmas...probably not the best idea. So far no swearing, but they have been saying SHUT---UP!! just as rude as shrek says it to donkey....yeah, shrek isn't the best movie choice...but it sure does give me some needed free time! (lisa lovell).

Destiny Kroeber said...

This kind of funny, just picturing Eli saying it, but also not a good thing for him to be quoting. I love the way you went about it, instead of just telling him he was in trouble for saying it.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Shows that Eli really understands what the phrase means that he used it correctly in a different situation. I guess I don't know if that is good or bad, it is funny though.

And We Sailed On said...

LOL! That is what kids do best = pick up on all the things you want them to miss!