Saturday, January 2, 2010
Snowshoeing
We went snowshoeing today. I can't remember the last time I went snowshoeing. We had a lot of fun. It's a good thing too because getting ready is always such a hassle. Of course kids don't cooperate and it isn't easy to get everyone all decked out in snow clothes. It's easy to realize why we don't do things like this with our kids more often. But then as we were out enjoying the mountains I was thinking, "Why don't we do this more often?" I really think it is a great thing for kids to experience nature. It teaches lessons in life that kids need to learn. Not to mention I think it's fun. It takes patience which I seem to lack most of the time but if you can get past all of that it really is fun. Plus I felt like a small piece of my pre-children self returned. I guess I haven't snowshoed much since the kids came along but it was nice to reconnect a little with the person that I used to be.
Eli did really well. He put the snowshoes on and went at it, climbing up a hill right by the car before Chris and I even had our snowshoes on. He continued to do great the whole time and was even running all over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. I'm glad you could do it. It's memories like this that make you love your childhood when you grow up! (I LOVE the "snack and rest" picture!!)
I love this post! I SO know what you mean about getting ready to go. Issac cracks me up! I am glad you reconnected a bit to your BC self. :)
you described the gearing up SO well. Looks like fun! way to go! made me laugh and smile!
so fun...I need to do this kind of stuff more often too. It looks like fun! We should get our boys together sometime soon. Maybe when it snows again we could go sledding.
Post a Comment