Friday, January 23, 2009

Grandma Smith

My grandma, Phyllis Smith, died on Wednesday. She had struggled the last few years and was very ready to pass into the next life. My grandpa died about 15 years ago so I'm sure it was so nice for her to see him again. She was such a great grandma. I remember going to her house in Boise, ID several times growing up. We would always stop there on our summer vacations from Washington to Utah. She would always cook us the best breakfasts. There was a great park a few blocks from their house. It had a huge hill with huge, long slides down the hill. My favorite memory of my Grandma is from the park. We had gone up there for her 70th (ish)birthday and were all at the park. My grandma decided to celebrate by going down one of the huge slides. It was great. She was a great woman. I'm so lucky to have such wonderful ancestors who are all amazing examples.
Grandma with Isaac.
With 4 of her great grandchildren. Eli is in the yellow blanket.

I love you Grandma!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great post Heather!!! I too love you Grandma!!! That memory is one of my favorites too! Another favorite memory that I have of Grandma is right before my mission, I went up to stay with mom and dad for a few weeks before going into the MTC and got to spend some time with Grandma on a more one on one personal basis - it was a really nice experience and she is an amazing woman - I am so grateful for her!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather-I love the pictures and memories of Grandma!

Polly said...

Thank you Heather. We are all blessed to have had Grandma. Jen, do you remember Grandpa and and Grandma teaching us to play poker with M&M's?