Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lesson learned

It isn't a good idea to drive from Utah to Washington and back in a weekend, especially if you have two small children with you. My niece, Shelby, got baptized on Saturday and me and the boys drove up to be there. I'm really glad that we were able to go.

This was early in the trip as Isaac was still smiling. Actually, he did really well, much better than I expected.

This is what Eli looked like most of the drive. Thank heavens for portable dvd players.
The weekend we were there happened to be the Apple Blossom festival and there was a parade on Saturday morning. This is Eli and his cousins Kacey, Shelby and Sydney watching the parade on the top of the truck. The highlight of the parade was the on the larger side male flag twirler who was wearing a purple and black full leotard. I felt bad for he poor kid and I'm really sad I didn't get a picture of him.

Eli and Shelby after her baptism. She was so excited to get baptized. I'm glad Eli could be there. He loves to play with Shelby.

After the baptism Isaac kept telling me (and the rest of the people in the chapel) that Shelby got wet. He was pretty concerned.

We had fun spending time with family and I am so glad that Eli and Isaac have cousins who are good examples to them.

2 comments:

Camille Hammond said...

You must have been in Wenatchee! That' right by where Robby grew up. Quincy. If you took the Euphrata exit from I-90 you'd drive through is town. It's a long drive from Utah with kids!

Destiny Kroeber said...

I'm glad you had a good time even if the long drive wasn't that wonderful. haha. I LOVE that first picture of Isaac. CLASSIC Isaac cheeks :) hehe