Monday, February 14, 2011

Snow shoeing

Chris took the day off today and we wanted to do something fun. Since the weather has been so nice we figured it was a perfect day to go snowshoeing. We got Eli out of school early and went up Provo Canyon. We discovered awhile ago that campgrounds are a great place to snowshoe, especially with kids. There aren't any hills to climb and you can walk around as long as you want and never be far from the car. We went up to Timpanogos campground today and had a good time. All of the boys did awesome. Isaac only complained about being tired once or twice. Keenyn hung out in the baby bjorn and seemed to enjoy it. It's hard to tell with him since he is so content all of the time.

Here are some pictures of our adventure.

Someone built some snow caves by the gate of the campground. The boys had fun crawling in and through them. Both boys really want to go winter camping now.

The whole fam damily.

I wonder where Eli and Isaac get that smile?


Adorable Keenyn.


Silly boys laying in the snow.
At one point Eli walked up to me looked down and noticed that his snowshoe had fallen off. He looked all around where he was standing and it was no where to be found. Then Isaac said "I found it." from about 10 feet away. Then Eli said "Oh, that's why my one foot was sinking in the snow." How do you walk that far and not notice that you lost a snowshoe?
Of course it was sunny all morning and sunny again right after we got home but overcast the whole time we were out. At least it was still warm. We had a great time and hope we can go again soon.




5 comments:

Camille Hammond said...

Your boys are so cute! And I'm jelous you can go snowshoeing. We did have some cold weather the last few weeks, but now we're back to the 70's!

Anonymous said...

yeah! Keenyn in that orange snowsuit is just about the cutest thing I have seen. Makes me want to pick him up and squeeze! Super fun afternoon, all of the boys matching smiles is hilarious. fun, fun fun!

EM said...

So fun! Your boys are so dang cute. We're excited to come visit soon.

And We Sailed On said...

that looks so fun! I wish we could hang out with you guys more.

Lindsey said...

I love that picture of all of you! Cutest kiddos! Keenyn is so sweet and I can't wait to squeeze him again!